The Importance of Firework Safety
Posted on June 14, 2023
What’s more exciting than watching fireworks on a warm summer night? It’s no lie that fireworks are an adrenaline rush. Safety measures should be taken from the smallest to the largest of fireworks. Please be prepared by following our safety measures below!
THINGS YOU SHOULD ALWAYS DO WHILE HANDLING FIREWORKS
- Always have a bucket of water or hose nearby if you need to extinguish fireworks.
- Always be responsible while handling fireworks.
- Always read and follow warning and instruction labels.
- Always wear protective eyewear when lighting fireworks.
- Always light one firework at a time to ensure safe walking distances can be made.
- Always watch from a safe distance.
- Always light fireworks on a smooth flat surface away from any flammable materials.
- Always make sure you are purchasing fireworks from a licensed retailer.
- Always set a safety perimeter that only the person lighting the fireworks can enter.
- Always have a plan for your pets. Fireworks can be stressful for them whether they are indoors or outdoors.
- Never handle fireworks under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Always soak spent/used fireworks in water for a few hours before throwing them away.
THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO WHILE HANDLING FIREWORKS
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks.
- Never light fireworks indoors.
- Never try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks.
- Never aim fireworks at another person or animal.
- Never hold lighted fireworks in your hands.
- Never place any parts of your body directly over a firework.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket. The friction could set them off.
It is important to follow these steps and always check your local laws to ensure you follow their guidelines.