Student Nurse Clinical Internship - Close Date: 10/11/2021, applications will be reviewed after the close date.
Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital offers a ten-week paid Summer 2022 Student Nurse Clinical Internship Program to students currently enrolled in an accredited RN nursing program who will graduate by May 2023.
As a nurse intern, you will be mentored one-on-one with registered nurses to gain hands-on nursing experience, provide direct patient care under the direction of licensed nursing staff, and be a supportive participant in the patient care team.
There’s so much to gain:
- Real-world and individualized educational experience under the guidance of an RN preceptor
- Hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including patient assessment, intervention, and care planning
- Opportunities to work with nurses and other health care professionals in a variety of roles and patient care settings
- Opportunities to increase self-confidence in patient care, clinical skills, and knowledge
- Preferential status for employment
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited RN nursing program and graduate by May 2023.
- Complete the application and interview process and meet all of the pre-employment requirements.
- Be current in Basic Life Support from the American Heart Association and provide a copy of the card.
Students must be able to:
- Complete the 10 week program June 6 – August 12, 2022, and attend required education events and meetings
- Work a full-time schedule of 36-40 hours each week, including nights, weekends, holidays, and 9 or 12-hour shifts following your designated preceptor’s schedule
To be considered, the following must be completed:
- Complete an Application for Employment
- Upload a Resume that includes: nursing school, month and year of graduation, work experience, internships, clinical rotations, community activities, volunteer experiences, and skills
After completion of the application, email the following to email@example.com:
- Provide at least two recommendation letters (one must be from a professor or academic advisor)
- Letter of Academic Standing
- Unofficial transcript
- Current copy of BLS certification
Thank you for your interest!
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources:
Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital
910 E 20th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Veteran/Disability.