Join our growing team in providing personal and innovative care in a patient-centered medical environment! Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital seeks a Full-Time Peri-Operative Registered Nurse (RN) that is responsible to assist providers and provide patient care prior to surgery, within the RN scope of practice, in accordance with the organization’s Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
At Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital, you will work in a caring environment with a growing hospital. We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion, and excellence for all of our patients and team members, and provide an exciting company culture and competitive salary and benefits package to the right candidate.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, paid time off, a 401K with company match and more.
Shifts: 8 hour shifts, 5 days per week, Monday-Friday
- Responsible for all aspects of care for perioperative patients in the preoperative phase and immediate post-operative phase through discharge.
- Demonstrate ability to think critically and make confident decisions in a fast paced environment while communicating effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Collect and verify health history, obtain vital signs, initiate IVs, etc. to ensure patients are ready for surgery.
- Complete ongoing assessments and document within EMR.
- Promote optimal patient outcomes by recognizing changes in patient’s health status.
- Provide health education, pre and post op procedural teaching, and discharge instructions to patients and caregivers.
- Assess, collaborate and coordinate discharge planning needs and readiness for discharge with other members of care team.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Licensed in the State of South Dakota.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certified.
- One year clinical experience desirable.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and professional ethics.
- We seek sustainable growth by encouraging persistent pursuit of our vision through innovation and leadership.
- Physician-owned and operated.
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Veteran/Disability.