Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital seeks a full-time LPN to join its growing team in providing personal and innovative care in a patient-centered medical environment. The Medical Assistant is responsible to assist the physician with all work comp injuries and patient care. Monday-Friday 5(8) hour shifts. No weekends. No holidays.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
1. Nurse A Primary Focus: Assist physicians and care for work comp patients.
- Responds to calls from employers, case managers and insurance companies.
- Sets appointments.
- Triages injuries in the clinic.
- Takes patient vitals.
- Administers tests as requested and according to certifications.
- Performs x-ray services as needed and according to certification.
- Documents charts.
- Communicates concerns with physician.
- Discusses patient information with work comp companies.
- Communicates with patients for follow-up or new concerns.
- Places medication and other supply orders for physician.
- Coordinates staff yearly training requirements and follows up for completion.
2. Nurse B Primary Focus: Conduct pre-employment physicals, walk-in screens and draws, and monitor quality compliance.
- Performs pre-employment physicals, walk-in blood draws, TB skin tests, and other vaccinations.
- Monitors billings for accuracy and serves as primary contact for billing management company.
- Makes environmental rounds, monitoring that quality of care protocols are followed and communicating results with Quality Service. Ensures there are no expired medications and quality controls are in place.
- Checks temperature on nursing refrigerator.
- Monitors for HIPPA compliance.
- Performs range of motion testing, treadmill EKGs, and skeletal exams according to certifications.
- Handles release of records and requesting of records from other providers.
1. Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, with an Associate’s degree or technical degree.
- Licensed in the State of South Dakota.
- National Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) desirable.
- Certifications (may be attained post-employment): DOT/BAT Certified, Spiro Certified, EFA Certified and CLIA Waived Testing Certified.
- BLS certified.
At Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital you will work in a caring environment with a growing hospital. We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all of our patients and employees, and provide an exciting company culture and competitive salary package to the right candidate. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, disability, a 401K and more.
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.