Join our growing team! Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital seeks a Insurance Verification Specialist performs clerical functions for patient billing, including verification of insurance information and resolution of problems to ensure a clean billing process. This position is responsible for following up on accounts that require further evaluation, and analyzing patient records to determine legitimacy of admission, treatment, and length of stay in health-care facility to comply with government and insurance reimbursement policies.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, complimentary lunch daily, a 401K with company match and more.
- Verifies benefits and obtains authorizations for patients from insurance companies/payor organizations.
- Calls patient/parent/legal guardian to verify demographics.
- Verifies insurance authorizations to ensure proper payments.
- Discusses collection of deductibles and copays with patients.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and insurance processes preferred. Two plus years medical experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of ICD-10, CPT coding preferred.
- Friends and Family CPR required; can be obtained upon hire.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and professional ethics.
- We seek sustainable growth by encouraging persistent pursuit of our vision through innovation and leadership.
- Physician-owned and operated.
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.