Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital seeks a full-time Director of PeriOperative Services to join its growing team in providing personal and innovative care in a patient-centered medical environment.
At Sioux Falls Specialty Hospital you will work in a caring environment with a growing hospital. We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all of our patients and team members, and provide an exciting company culture and competitive salary package to the right candidate. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, complimentary lunch daily, a 401K with company match and more.
The Director of PeriOperative Services is responsible for managing operations and supervising of personnel in the PreOperative and Post Anesthesia Care Units, within the RN scope of practice.
- Promotes professional and quality patient care initiatives, serving as a patient advocate.
- Provides effective training, coaching, and mentoring to ensure team members have the required competencies necessary to fulfill their roles and for purposes of staff development.
- Monitors compliance with ethical, legal and regulatory requirements and standards of practice.
- Develops and implements safety/infection control guidelines and ensures compliance with Exposure Control Plan.
- Assesses status of schedule and staffing to maintain smooth workflow. Adjusts staffing levels to meet needs of patient census and acuity. Troubleshoots issues.
- Ensures hiring of needed team members.
- Creates departmental annual capital and operating budget, ensuring necessary inventory and cost effective utilization of equipment and supplies.
- Monitors timely and complete medical record documentation.
- Maintains RN capabilities and covers staffing as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferable.
- Five years RN clinical experience desirable.
- CPAN, CAPA certifications or obtained within 5 years of employment desirable.
- Proven managerial/supervisory skills.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty, fairness and professional ethics.
- We seek sustainable, profitable growth by encouraging persistent pursuit of our vision through innovation and leadership.
- Physician-owned and operated.
We are committed to hiring skilled, compassionate professionals that share our vision for innovative, personalized patient care. We are an EO employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability.